Friday 3 April 2009

Twilight.


I spent the night with my friend Emily last night.
It was fun!
And we watched Twilight. So here is my review of the movie:

I didn't really like the opening scene... It seemed kind of off. Unnatural. But it quickly became better.
I kind of liked the mood of the movie. Nice and dark. But that 'buttcrack Santa' was not in the book. >_> That was annoying.
I wasn't expecting most of the characters to look like they did. Bella's friends at school, I mean. (Eric is Asian? When did this happen?)
I actually found myself enjoying this movie.
....Then Edward came in.
And I kept having Roswell flashbacks:

  • The movie opened with a girl talking about dying

  • A beautiful inhuman blonde girl was angry with her 'brother'
    because he spilled their story to the girl he loves after he saved
    her life using his powers


I liked Jake. My friend told me that he was butt-ugly, but I actually think he looks kind of cute.

The meadow scene was so stupid! First of all, he didn't even go to a meadow to show off his sparkly skin... And when he did sparkle, it looked so fake!

Edward: This is the skin of a
monster.
Me: Oh, yeah? Prove it!
(Yeah, I shouted that when we were watching it.)

Jasper had to be my favourite character in the movie. Two words: Edward Scissorhands.



Is anyone else seeing it?

Okay, so here's my final opinion on the movie:
It wasn't half bad. Edward sucked (his running looked so fake!), but the rest was okay. I think if we cut him out, it would be much better.
My favourite part? The credits.
(No, seriously, the credits were awesome.)

(Bella: So he's after me now? Edward: No, he's after my candy bar!)

xx17

PS. Did anyone else see Stephanie Meyer in the coffee shop? Emily didn't even notice that!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Some people think he's gayand using the "vampires sparkle" thing to cover for wearing body glitter. I like that theory much better. But that's just me.

My friend Ali (she used to be die-hard Twilight but loves Harry Potter now.) noticed the resemblance between Jasper and Edward Scissorhands, whom she loves.

I have to watch Twilight sometme next week. Wish me luck. xDD

Ghostie said...

I like that theory! And good luck! xD

Donald said...

I did not like the movie, the effects were crummy, and it kind of bored me a little. And I totally agree that the sparkling looked fake.

teh.sparkle.magpie...* said...

Yea, the sparkle effect really let me down. I saw Stephenie in the restaurant! Ordering food at the bar!!

The soundtack is twice as good as the film. I love it. The baseball scene was awesome, though. Jasper = show off. Carlise = AWESOME and apparently Emmett = monkey man. Hm.

pop*POLKA said...

I like Jasper too.
He has nice hair.

Ghostie said...

He looked really cool when they were playing baseball. :3 (laugh)