Wednesday 8 July 2009

Monster


And I saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads, the names of blasphemy. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, "Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
John 13:1-4

As some of you might know, I've been reading Monster by Naoki Urasawa for nearly a year (I started it August of last summer). It is so good. It is very intracatly woven; the plot starts out very simple. Doctor must save boy from bullet wound to the skull. It stays fairly simple throughout half the manga, but then more and more characters are being added to the story, to the point where it's almost confusing, but... It's not. This manga is genius.
It's a thriller, and senein, but only because of all the violence. I know that about 2/1,000 people reading this will actually read the manga, but hey, I found this series by reading a blogged review pretty much the same as this one, and I fell in love!

The only thing I can say now is just read it. Give it a try. (You can read it [here].) The summary's on that page as well. There's also an anime, but I became bored of that (started reading the manga because sometimes the story is a bit slow, and it's easier to just skim through those parts.)

Johan Liebert Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: