Saturday 1 August 2009

Wintergirls and War Week



War Week was amazing.
I feel so spiritually renewed!
Let me tell you, I'm going back to SWARM (my youth group) with a new fire!

This Friday the girls from SWARM are getting together and having a pool party! I invited Angel (I hope that's all right), and we're going to do some fun stuff before the party as well. Can't wait!

So about War Week. There's not a whole lot to say about it, it's really something that must be experienced.
We worked, evangelized (I didn't, I worked), and worshipped God with all our hearts. For two days we spent a few hours cleaning up a back ally (we didn't get to finish, but we made it looks much better!), and on the last day we helped out with one of the block parties the church had going on. (When I say "we," by the way, I mean the youth group I'm in.) The speakers were amazing. Nearly every night, they talked about exactly what I needed to hear! It was perfect. They told us that the sermons were available for download on War Week's web site, but they're not up yet (or I just can't find them).

One of my favourite parts of the whole trip was spending time with my newfound church friends. Yes, I said newfound... I never really talked with anyone before (even though I've been going to that church for over a year). It was wonderful, I had full conversations with them, many hilarious moments... I can't wait until next year!

No comments: