Sunday 31 January 2010

Viynl Tiolet Paper is Good for Your Heart

One: Here's this great Facebook group you should check out: [link] (XD)
Two: Men are waffles and women are spaghetti. For reasons that I do not fully understand.
Three: Nabari no Ou is a very good anime.

Number one does not need an explanation. Other than you should go check it out.

Number two involves a story. Once upon a time, in a far-away land, there lived a boy. He was a strange boy, with a strange name. His name was "Canon", and he spent his time amusing himself with a girl named "Emily" in his Governzment class.
One day in this so-called "Government" class, the teacher gave the students the entire hour to work on a study guide. Many of the students turned their desks around to face one another. On this day, so did a young girl called "Courtney".
Oh, screw it-- It takes way too long to write this way. Basically, Canon came over to talk, and Emily told us that men are waffles and women are spaghetti, according to a book Holleigh read (or something). We discussed this for a bit (I think in the end women were hot dogs, and I don't remember what men were), and we came to this conversation:
Canon: There is not one person who does not like bagels. Do you like bagels?
Emily: Yes.
Canon: *turns to girl across the aisle* Do you like bagels?
Brittany: What?!
Canon: It's not an innuendo. Just answer the question.
Brittany: Oh! Yeah.
Canon: See?
Me: Well, now it's going to my goal for the day to find someone who doesn't like bagels!
Canon: You won't find anyone.
Me: Oh, yes I will!
Canon: No, you won't. It's like donuts. You will never find one person who does not like donuts.

Haha. WELL! I showed him (or, I will on Monday)! At a hockey game Friday, I asked my brother, and he doesn't like bagels! XD Bwahaha.

Number three. Okay, a few months ago I went to the mall with a friend, and in FYE a magazine caught my eye: the cover featured CLAMP's Syaoran and Sakura from Tsubasa! I was all, "*hooheehooheehoohee* I NEED THIS." (*cough* That actually had very little to do with the rest of this story.) Anyway, in the magazine there was this little mini-poster of some anime. I had not watched the anime, but I put it on my wall, to remind myself to watch it, and because it looked cool. It had two boys sitting on a porch eating ice cream, with the text: "The ninja world is at war. Whatever." (Though I swear, I thought the second boy was a girl! I still do!) It's been there for... A few months. I kept forgetting to watch this anime. But then last week a friend of mine stopped by my desk in Gov (all interesting things happen there!) and said, "I won DVDs of this anime, it's really good. Do you want to borrow it?" I said sure, and he told me the title: "It's called Nabari. Have you heard of it?" ME: "It sounds familiar, but I don't think so."
He brought the DVDs on Thursday.
I'm sure you've all already figured it out by now, but it was the anime on that poster!
"There is no such thing as coincidence. There is only Hitsuzen ('the inevitable')."
So I guess for some reason, I was meant to watch this anime. XD
But seriously, it is good.

If you actually read all that, I love you. Here, have a funny video:
Jokes.com
Maria Bamford - Half Empty
comedians.comedycentral.com
Joke of the DayStand-Up ComedyFree Online Games

I saw her on TV today, Maria Bamford. She's great! And sounds exactly like Bart Simpson, no?

g h o s t i e

No comments: