Tuesday 20 July 2010

We're not cool, we are free, and we're running with blood on our knees.

I guess I've made a habit of posting once a week now? x.x
Guess it's good to make a post while I'm waiting for that nightly phone call. Have nothing else to do.

Today I went on an adventure! I woke up this morning with the feeling in my blood! ...Then I had to go run a bunch of errands with my mom until 3:30. But I did get to go on that adventure when I arrived back home.
Contacted Plushie, my good adventure buddy, and after I picked up my favourite canned iced tea, headed over to his home. Where he showed me a video game he was playing. XD Which was great, now I really want to play that game! It's called Rune Factory. Giiiimeee! *laugh*
Then we headed off on the railroad tracks. This is something I've been wanting to do for months, find an old construction site my friend (erm, Ian, actually) told me about. And guess what? We found it. >:] We had to walk over a mile, I'd say. It was really long, and reaaally hot. We actually found a stream on our way down the tracks, it was heavenly! The rocky bottom hurt our bare feet, but the water was so cool. It was amazing.
And, yes, we almost did get caught while we were hunting around in the construction site. It was private property. We got there, and it went kind of like this:

Me: "...Does that path look like it was freshly cut?"
P: "Uh, yes, it does. And it looks like that truck was recently parked there."
Me: "Oh, okay." *keeps walking in*

We were already headed back to the railroad tracks when a truck pulled around to where we were. There were a lot of trees, and it wasn't headed quite in our direction, so I'm pretty sure it didn't see us. It was so freaking scary. We practically dived into the weeds, and ran, then crouched down in the weeds when we thought the truck was going to drive by us. I hated that part, I just wanted to runrunrun off that property, in case they parked the truck right by us or something, but when we didn't see anything after waiting for a moment, I jumped back up and did the running I desperately needed to do. We did eventually make it out safely, without getting caught. But man, I can't express how scared I was in the moment. Even though I knew we wouldn't get caught.
Adrenaline rush, anyone?

g h o s t i e

No comments: